The Importance of a Homebuyer Survey: Before buying a new home, it is highly recommended that a chartered surveyor inspect the property for any faults. This homebuyer survey London could end up saving you a lot of money in expensive repairs. This type of survey may also protect you and your loved ones from health risks associated with mould and rising damp. Homebuyer surveys can also be conducted for insurance purposes, including a valuation and reinstatement cost which your insurance company will need to have on record.
Types of Survey: There are generally two types of homebuyer survey London, the homebuyer report and the building survey. Not sure which survey is best for you? We can put you in touch with the professionals who'll know exactly what you need.
Come to us for no-obligation quotes from local specialist contractors. We provide you with a hassle-free way to compare risk-free quotations.
Find contractors near you
A homebuyer report London is the briefer of the two surveys. The homebuyer report rates the inspected areas in terms of condition from no action required to urgent repair needed. The final report will also contain a valuation of the property. This type of report typically includes an inspection of ceilings, the roof, walls, floors, bathrooms and plumbing and all woodwork. Additional inspections may include:
• Permanent outdoor structures such as roofing, gutters and drain pipes, external walls and window fittings, fascias and soffits, as well as outside doors and possibly even garden sheds and patio structures.
• All visible sections of heating and drainage systems including electric, gas/oil and water systems.
Building Survey: This type of homebuyer survey London, also known as a full structural survey, provides a more detailed report on the building's construction and condition. This survey can be customised to suit your needs, whether the survey is required for insurance, mortgage or other purposes. This type of survey is recommended for those considering extensive renovations or refurbishing or those seeking dilapidation certificates.
A building survey does not typically include a property valuation but this can be included if specifically requested. It does, however, include a maintenance package detailing recommended methods of maintaining your home, ensuring the structural integrity and longevity of the building.
Cost of a Homebuyer Survey: The cost of a homebuyer survey London depends on the location of the house, the size of the building and its general condition. According to the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, the price of a homebuyer's report should start at around '250 but this may vary depending on the size and value of the house in question. The more detailed the inspection, the more expensive the report is likely to be. Larger homes may take longer to properly inspect and this may also affect the cost.
Thinking of investing in that dream house you've always wanted? Worried about superficial cracks in the walls and water marks on the ceiling? Take a minute to fill in our online form describing your homebuyer concerns and we'll take it from there. We'll put you in the touch with the best local surveyors, guaranteeing top quality service at affordable prices. Get a free, no obligation quote from us today and rest assured that your new dream house really is a dream with a homebuyer survey London from professionals you can trust.
Your Homebuyer Survey questions answered
- Why should I get a homebuyers survey? A homebuyer's survey is great to get before purchasing a home. You pay for this survey and it's less extensive than a building survey with information to be used to decide whether or not to purchase or if an investment will be needed.
- How long does the survey take? For the most part, this type of survey can be completed in one visit. However, your individual case may be different. You will typically be told the estimated time of completion from your own professional.
- How much does a homebuyer's survey cost? A basic homebuyer's survey will generally cost the potential homeowner about £60. This can vary from company to company, though, with some surveying businesses charging as much as £250 for a single survey.
- Is it required before buying a home? A homebuyer's survey is not generally required, but it is recommended especially for existing structures. This simple survey can give you a good idea of what you're getting into before you purchase the home.
- Should I have a homebuyer survey performed if I am not selling my home? Yes, you could still benefit by detecting minor problems before they become bigger ones, thereby saving yourself a great deal of money on repair bills.
The Homebuyer Survey Form
Let us know a few details about your homebuyer survey requirements and we'll let our industry-leading network know.
Free Quotes For Homebuyer Surveys
No more than four local approved specialists will then be in touch with their best no-obligation quotes for your home buyer survey.